Working together with the Vice President of Asset Management, the Asset Manager is responsible for the implementation of strategies that maximize property values including financial analysis, market studies and other strategic activities with regard to managed properties and joint ventures. Responsibilities also include assisting with special projects and investor reporting, as well as working with property managers, leasing brokers and accounting personnel on day-to-day property management related leasing, reporting and financial activities. All responsibilities and tasks will be performed in a manner that supports company and owner objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather market information and gain local market expertise where property portfolios are located.
- Implement strategic annual property and portfolio plans in a timely fashion.
- Supervise property management and leasing functions within assigned portfolio.
- Negotiate building leases, brokerage agreements, construction documents and other necessary building related legal documents.
- Review loan documents to ensure compliance within assigned portfolio for all lender required covenants and approvals.
- Review and approve all annual operating and capital budgets within assigned portfolio.
- Review periodic property management and owner accounting financial reports.
- Perform periodic property tours and site evaluations.
- Prepare lease analysis, cash projections and financial valuations, if requested.
- Assist with activities related to the acquisition and disposition of properties.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise within the assigned portfolio while minimizing any potential risk and liability to the investment.
- Prepare quarterly reports.
- Review and approve quarterly cash analysis for investor distributions.
- Prepare annual investor meeting reports and presentation documents.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business administration or related area; or equivalent relevant experience and knowledge.
- Approximately 5 years of commercial real estate experience in financing, leasing, asset management or property management. Asset management experience preferred.
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, quantitative skills and math aptitude.
- Working knowledge of financial modeling/analysis and forecasting tools.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel up to 15-20%.
Job is performed in an office environment with some travel required.
Interested in this Position?
Founders Properties, L.L.C.
Vice President - Asset Management
Interested in this Position?
Follow Founders Properties on LinkedIn
Learn More about Founders
Find out more about current investment opportunities.